Sunday, September 7, 2008

Wanted - Rex Hudler

I don't think that it's any secret that I'm a die-hard Angels fan. I've been watching them since I was in the freaking womb after all, seeing is that my Dad lived in Los Angeles pretty much his entire life and was a huge fan of the old Cowboy's MLB team. For years the only baseball I even bother to watch had been Angels games (and actually that's still pretty much true). The Angels have had some great announcers over the years, including one current Dodgers skipper Joe Torre, but by far, my favorite color guy has to be the Wonder-Dog Rex Hudler.

Listening to a game with Hud on the commentary is pure joy, the man loves the game of baseball and isn't unwilling to share his "passion bucket" with the fans. From what I understand he's also extremely approachable and congenial. I've never met him myself, but I intend to rectify that situation sooner than later.

Each time that Bad Wax posts a listing of free autograph signings, I'm always looking for Angels that I might be able to go out and get. Unfortunately most of the signings are down in the OC, and most days I really don't feel like driving that far. During the season when the Angels are having a Friday home game Hud does his weekly radio show from Roscoe's Famous Deli in Fullerton, which is about 45 minutes away. Now I know that doesn't seem like it's very far, but we're talking Los Angeles traffic, and that just sucks.

I would definitely take the trip sometime in the future if I had some Rex Hudler baseball cards, specifically ones of him while he was with the Angels (1994-1996), but alas, I don't have any. So here's my plea - I need some Hud cards. Anyone got some, please let me know.

And now back to your regularly scheduled Sunday morning. Enjoy this Sports filled day, what with the first full day of NFL games starting in about FIVE minutes, and a full slate of great baseball games, including an important Dodgers/D-Backs tilt that might actually be the deciding factor of who wins the NL West this season.

2 comments:

Chemgod said...

thanks for the shout out, I'll check for some Hudler cards.

William Noetling said...

You're very welcome, your regular autograph column is very much appreciated.