Sunday, February 7, 2010

Superbowl XLIV - Kickoff Festivities

Here we go, the Kickoff festivities are underway and the CBS broadcast is starting. As I recall, Simms played and was MVP in only one Superbowl (1986), he didn't play in the 1990 game as he was injured in week 14 that year and Jeff Hostetler came in to lead the G-men to their second Superbowl in five years. I've always respected Simms though and I thought he got a raw deal in 1990 losing his starting job to the undertalented Hostetler.

Can't really say anything negative about Jim Nantz, at least I don't have to hear Joe Buck announce a big game again. I get sick of his constant rooting for the Yankees during Baseball.

Saints take the field and they've already shown one vintage pic of Archie.

The Colts come in to the sounds of "Won't Get Fooled Again", this being their fourth appearance in the Superbowl. They LOST their first appearance famously to the Jets in Superbowl III, and won two years later against the Cowboys. Yes, that's right in Superbowl III they were the NFL (NFC) Champions, and after that they moved to the AFC. Course Baltimore is one of only two cities to have Superbowl champions from different teams. I think. Correct me if I'm wrong.

No comments: