Tuesday, July 13, 2010

More eBay Items

You know at some point I may actually blog about Baseball Cards again, in fact in storage I found a really nifty 9 card set from Upper Deck that was released in conjunction with the PBS Ken Burns Baseball Documentary that I will blog about at some point, and also even though I missed the All-Star Fan Fest in Anaheim, I could share my memories of the 1992 Edition in San Diego, which was one of the most fun times I've ever had!

But right now, I'm in the drive for funds hardcore, and I've listed a bunch of new items on eBay. These aren't your standard collectibles though, they're Movie Press Kits. What are those? Well, back in the day before the internet, movie studios used to either send Press-Kits out or give them to members of the press at screenings, and basically they're official stills and production information that print media used to write puff-pieces or review the films. My Uncle used to edit BOXOFFICE magazine, which is an industry trade publication for movie theaters that's been around since the 1920's and still exists today. As a wee lad I used to beg for any movie memorabilia I could get my hands on, and boy did I collect a BUNCH.

The cream of this crop is undoubtedly the Princess Bride kit, which I am extremely reluctant to sell, but my wife said to sell it, so I will. Here's a pic:



I also found official press-stills for a NUMBER of older films, including ALIEN and DUNE, but those aren't being sold (quite yet).

In any case, if this intrigues you, please bid and bid high. Thanks.

Oh and in case you were wondering, the Jeter Auto sold for the BIN price of $99.49, to a guy in New York. Go figure.

No comments: