Friday, December 5, 2008

Custom Cards are IN!

Way back in October I told you that I ordered some custom cards to be made of my daughter from Topps through a promotion with Nestlé Drumsticks Ice Cream. They arrived last week and I couldn't be happier with them. OK that's not ENTIRELY true, I would have preferred that the name be done in foil just like the standard issue cards, but that's not a deal-breaker here.

Check them out:




A person could take one of these cards, mix it in with other '08 Topps baseball cards, and you probably wouldn't notice the difference. In fact, that's what I wanted to do to tease my mother on Thanksgiving, but the only place that was open where I could buy a pack of cards didn't have any '08 base, I had to buy a pack of Co-Signers, which SUCKED. Still it was a Topps Pack, so I mixed in the card and handed the pack to my Mom and said "Hey Mom, check out this pack of cards I got, it's really interesting." She looked through a couple and said "Yeah, that's nice." She didn't get it at first. I had to tell her to keep looking. Of course, I had pre-ruined the surprise by telling her that I had ordered them. BUT you could easily fool a loved one with these cards, they're that close to the real deal.

My plan is to actually take older pics of my baby and have a 2006 and 2007 version made up, and then have one card made up for every year of her life. Of course, that might get expensive, but she's my baby, she's worth it.

No comments: