Saturday, August 22, 2009

Budget Notes

The Budget Collector has been entranced with Upper Deck's O-Pee-Chee set, possibly because I know it's going to be a one-off set, but also probably because the set is autograph friendly, and CHEAP! At a retail of $1.59 per pack at Target, and only slightly more elsewhere, it's a steal. Sure there's only 6 cards, but you can't have everything.

Also, with the release of G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra most of my collecting dollars have been spent on small articulated hunks of plastic lately. Unfortunately I missed the Toys R Us super-sale, where you could get two Joes for $10, and if you bought four you could have also gotten a $10 gift card. I have purchased four of the new single carded Joes so far (Scarlett in Black Suit, Snake-Eyes Paris Pursuit, Unhooded Storm Shadow and Destro) plus two of the Target exclusive figure/vehicle deluxe packs, which are a STEAL at $9.99. That's my favorite price-point for a small vehicle and figure pack. Can't wait for wave two which will feature the SNAKE armor from way back when in a heretofore unreleased color.

Fantasy Football My keeper league has 8 owners, and I'd like to get a couple more at least. If you're interested in a competitive league with a lot of smack talking, leave me a comment and I'll send you an invite. It's a free Yahoo league. The draft is next Saturday.

Are you looking for display cases for your action figures or other small toys? Look no further than the Container Store which has awesome cases for just EIGHT BUCKS! They also have simple plexiglass cases for balls, bats, pucks, and whatever other memorabilia you want to keep in good condition. Believe it or not, I need a cereal box display for my still unopened box of "Pirates of the Caribbean" Cereal.

The Budget Collector is now broke for the week after dropping over $100 on routine automobile maintenance.

No comments: