Sunday, February 26, 2012

Oscars 2012 results so far

Yeah, I'm not doing so hot. 7 out of 20 so far, with the big four to go.

ACTOR IN A SUPPORTING ROLE
WINNER: Christopher Plummer in "Beginners"
I chose Max von Sydow in "Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close"

ACTRESS IN A SUPPORTING ROLE
I chose Benice Bejo in "The Artist"
WINNER: Octavia Spencer in "The Help"

ANIMATED FEATURE FILM
I chose WINNER: "Rango" Gore Verbinski

ART DIRECTION
I chose WINNER: "Hugo" Production Design: Dante Ferretti; Set Decoration: Francesca Lo Schiavo

CINEMATOGRAPHY
I chose "The Artist" Guillaume Schiffman
WINNER: "Hugo" Robert Richardson

COSTUME DESIGN
I chose WINNER: "The Artist" Mark Bridges

DOCUMENTARY (FEATURE)
I chose "Paradise Lost 3: Purgatory" Joe Berlinger and Bruce Sinofsky
WINNER: "Undefeated" TJ Martin, Dan Lindsay and Richard Middlemas

Documentary (Short Subject)
I chose: "The Barber of Birmingham: Foot Soldier of the Civil Rights Movement"
WINNER: "Saving Face" Daniel Junge and Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy

FILM EDITING
I chose "The Artist" Anne-Sophie Bion and Michel Hazanavicius
WINNER: "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" Kirk Baxter and Angus Wall

FOREIGN LANGUAGE FILM
I chose WINNER: "A Separation" Iran

MAKEUP
I chose WINNER: "The Iron Lady" Mark Coulier and J. Roy Helland

MUSIC (ORIGINAL SCORE)
I chose WINNER: "The Artist" Ludovic Bource

MUSIC (ORIGINAL SONG)
WINNER: "Man or Muppet" from "The Muppets" Music and Lyric by Bret McKenzie
I chose "Real in Rio"from "Rio" Music by Sergio Mendes and Carlinhos Brown Lyric by Siedah Garrett


SHORT FILM (ANIMATED)
WINNER: "The Fantastic Flying Books of Mr. Morris Lessmore" William Joyce and Brandon Oldenburg
I chose "La Luna" Enrico Casarosa

SHORT FILM (LIVE ACTION)
I chose WINNER: "The Shore" Terry George and Oorlagh George

SOUND EDITING
WINNER: "Hugo" Philip Stockton and Eugene Gearty
I chose "Transformers: Dark of the Moon" Ethan Van der Ryn and Erik Aadahl

SOUND MIXING
I chose "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" David Parker, Michael Semanick, Ren Klyce and Bo Persson
WINNER: "Hugo" Tom Fleischman and John Midgley

VISUAL EFFECTS
WINNER: "Hugo" Rob Legato, Joss Williams, Ben Grossman and Alex Henning
I chose "Rise of the Planet of the Apes" Joe Letteri, Dan Lemmon, R. Christopher White and Daniel Barrett

WRITING (ADAPTED SCREENPLAY)
WINNER: "The Descendants" Screenplay by Alexander Payne and Nat Faxon & Jim Rash
I chose "Moneyball" Screenplay by Steven Zaillian and Aaron Sorkin. Story by Stan Chervin

WRITING (ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY)
I chose "The Artist" Written by Michel Hazanavicius
WINNER: "Midnight in Paris" Written by Woody Allen

No comments: