Friday, May 27, 2016

NeonMob - A New Way to Collect Art Based Digital Trading Cards

"Honeymoon Phase" Very Rare from the Fractal Emotions Set



I love trading cards, have since I was introduced to Baseball Cards by my dad in the 70’s.  I remember for a time he worked as a LA Times deliverer in the early morning, and he would often stop for coffee and a donut at this place that used to be on Barrington and Santa Monica (it’s a Starbucks now don’t you know), and I guess they sold baseball cards, because he started to bring them home to me.  We started a collection, and I was hooked. 

"Chewbacca" - a Rare from the Star Warhols set
Of course when Star Wars cards hit a year or so later I was hooked again, I even remember I bought my first packs at the market that would become the Trader Joe’s on Westwood and National Boulevard. 

Nowadays I don’t have room to keep a lot of trading cards and I’m trying to liquidate a bunch of my collection.  This is where the digital apps come into play, I can have a huge collection online and it takes up zero room.  Plus I can trade to my heart’s content.  I’ve been a member of the Topps digital apps for quite some time, though I’m not always active.  I recently got into the Upper Deck E-Hockey cards because I love Hockey and I want my Kings, plus it’s kind of hard to get packs of Hockey cards in So-Cal.

Yesterday I found another digital trading card app, this one is all based on art, which also interests me to no end.  It’s actually quite cool because if you’re so inclined you can create your own trading card set and put it up.  It’s call NEONMOB, here’s my unique link to sign up, if you do we both get free cards:





Minion Galaxy - a "Chase" from the Galaxies Set
Some of the sets are quite striking, there’s plenty of space art and surrealism to go around.  Dark characters and themes are abundant as well.   There’s quite a few different sets available, at least two dozen at last count, some are already retired too.  Each set has at least 5 cards available and most count 20 and above.  There’s also the common, uncommon, rare, ultra rate, etc. paradigm going.  Sets are limited also, when they’re sold out they’re retired. 
It’s all free, unless you want to pay for more.  You can even get posters of some of the cards.  I highly recommend it.  So sign up and make me a friend, let’s trade!


"Monk's Mirror" - a common from the Alien Creatures Set

No comments: